HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform Company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Local Map Operations (LMO) Analyst II contributes to the collection and verification of Map Features for the expansion and maintenance of content products for a specific geographic area. The LMO Analyst II will work under close supervision of a Senior Local Map Operations Analyst and as part of a high performance team, this entry-level position executes the operational plan defined by the LMO Manager of the assigned territory.
• Actively Analyze, Explore and act upon the Map Content Data change Indicators in assigned area of responsibility with the help of Local intelligence and centrally developed change detection toolsets
• Schedule and perform field data collection of Map Features based on the requirements set by the sub-regional leads.
• Manage and support map project Operations in Coordination with Global Production Team associated in geographic areas of responsibility.
• Ensure accurate representation of real world conditions in the database in a defined geographic area including monitoring and interpretation of contextual local change detection Indicators
• Perform high priority and targeted geo-coding updates such as gold-plated POI’s.
• Participate in Pilot projects to develop improved map creation processes.
• Conduct database testing, real-world testing and inspection within a defined area as part of database ownership.
• Lead and participate in technical source evaluation (determine if fit for purpose).
• Ensure High Priority Updates coding activities are performed where required.
• Execute and support Global Production Operations with complex coding projects.
• Provide support for JIRAs, Map Reports , Customer Feedbacks, etc
• Degree in GIS/Geography, Business Management, Technology or related field preferred.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
• Local geographic knowledge/affinity/contextual understanding/cultural awareness.
• Well developed knowledge of various Map content product specifications and proprietary tools.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically with Excel,Word & Power Point
• Expected Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and in local language in assigned territory.
• Experience in handling various GIS tools and relevant Open Source softwares.
• Ability to travel within and outside project coverage area.