CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICE MISSION
The pace of technical innovation is more rapid than ever, as a staggering range of new technologies blur the boundaries between people, the internet, devices and the physical world.
As a company, it is abundantly clear that new technology and innovation will play an important role in defining our future. Before us, we have unprecedented opportunities to enhance and create new HERE products, offerings, and services utilizing emerging data-driven technologies such as next-generation geospatial temporal storage, advanced/real-time analytics, artificial intelligence, deep neural networks, closed-loop machine learning, computer vision, and advanced robotics just to name a few.
To harness the potential of these emerging technologies, it is important that HERE has the world-class, leading passionate and pioneering team within our Chief Technology Office. This team must own the technology vision around the Reality Index, deep experience in building real-time Big Data Analytics platforms, and recognize and leverage the intrinsic value of emerging and existing technologies. As such, the CTO office focuses on defining the Technical and Research agendas for HERE, including developing and deploying a leading edge Vision and Roadmap for the future product and services offerings of the company from a technology perspective.
The magnitude of data, computing power, and investment required to build systems capable of delivering the future of location context is enormous. While no one company will have the know-how or investment capital necessary to build a true living index of the world's locations, HERE's Reality Index and Open Location Platform will be at the center of this new ecosystem.
Our CTO team is a mix of hard core data scientists, system and platform architects, researchers, principal engineers, analysts and BI geeks. Our mission spans all platforms across Automotive, Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) in combination with new and emerging technology fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Deep Neural Networks, closed-loop Machine Learning and Geo-positioning to name just a few. Our team members are technology evangelists, able to inspire inside as well as outside of HERE for the vision of the company, and are innovating key intellectual property concepts such as the Reality Index and the associated location based services that are at the foundation of the business models within the Digital century.
You must be business-minded and tech-savvy, have a knack for market and customer insights, be obsessive and curious, be super smart, be detail-oriented but able to paint the larger vision, and have a passion for changing an industry. You must also have executive presence as this is a highly visible role within the company, the leadership team, and potentially the industry.
The Senior Product Manager, Reality Index will be part of a small, but growing team within the Office of the CTO that is charged with:
- crafting and articulating the company's technology strategy and technology roadmap
- defining some of our most strategic and foundational products and technology components
- ensuring that the HERE Office of the CTO is pushing thought leadership and driving our technology agenda both internally and externally
- product managing internally disruptive technology initiatives
- collaborating very closely with the Product teams throughout the HERE business groups
As both a technologist and business person
- responsible for looking both internally and externally
- and needing to both drive the big picture and focus on the important details,
- you must be able to speak many "languages".
- You will work with Innovation teams, Research, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, Communications, Product teams, Design, and our Senior Leadership Team.