HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
We are seeking a Sr Principal Software Engineer to join the team building an exabyte-scale database engine for real-time storage and analysis of dynamic geospatial data from drones, autonomous vehicles, mobile devices, and many other sensor sources. We are looking for highly motivated candidates to work closely with other exceptional engineers to deliver the world’s most advanced spatiotemporal database platform. You will be part of an advanced engineering team within the CTO organization tasked with delivering breakthrough and disruptive innovation powering HERE’s future business.
In this role, you both understand the business requirements and provide deep technical insights into the details of implementing novel high-scale software systems. You understand operational issues, mentor engineers in your areas of expertise, and can drive innovative and effective technical solutions.
- Architect key components of a state-of-the-art parallel database engine
- Research, design, and implement software algorithms from first principles
- Collaborate with other engineers to coordinate efforts and solve novel problems
- Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise
- Foster and employ software engineering best practices for high reliability systems
- Clearly document code and architecture
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert skill in a modern programming language
- At least 15 years as a software engineer in a commercial software development environment
- At least five years of experience developing system-level C++
- Fluent with Linux software development
- Experience working on database internals or distributed file systems
- Great communication skills
- Experience with geospatial algorithms or computational geometry
- Experience with software design for massively parallel systems
- Expertise at high-performance code design and optimization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.