We are searching for a Release Lead with an agile mindset and having a passion for automated continuous integration and delivery systems.
HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices – from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com
Join our fast growing, highly motivated NDS (Navigation Database Standard) team as an experienced Release Lead. The NDS team offers a unique chance to work on the core database & technologies of cutting edge navigation systems for premium cars.
• Manage all aspects of the end to end release process.
• Proactive participation and contribution to development of common release practices.
• Co-ordination with the Engineering team to estimate timelines, efforts , report blockers, and inform on the progress of release and configuration management for enhancements and fixes
• Co-ordination with the Infrastructure team for establishing production environments, databases and to propose & implement infrastructure enhancements.
• Co-ordination with various external stakeholders for samples, intermediate and final releases.
• Identify, implement, and maintain branching models of configuration items to support project’s release requirements and schedules.
• Provide reports and metrics on releases to management.
• Mentor junior team members and track their work to meet deadlines agreed with the business.
• Enabling team to work in a cross functional environment and provide cross project resource allocation and knowledge sharing.
• Automation and ensuring releases are made with the highest QA.
• To identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change. Contribute to the review and redesign of processes or procedures, on an ongoing basis, to deliver improved team productivity or efficiency.
• Design, development and maintenance of Continuous Integration environment
• Maintain and run tools to support, enhance and automate the software product release process
• Productizing the roll-out in AWS, incl. QA for 24/7 operations.
• Technical Operations, Production Support
Your experience and qualifications will cover:
• Degree(B.E/B.Tech) or higher in Computer Science or related fields.
• Self-motivated, well-organized, details-oriented and a strong team player
• Very good communication skills in English both written and spoken
• Hands-on technical person with experience in IT infrastructure, continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Proven expertise in continuous integration tools i.e. Jenkins (preferred), Hudson, Continuum, Bamboo, Thought Works Go, etc.
• Very good working / administration experience in Linux
• Proven proficiency in one of the scripting technologies i.e. Ruby, Python or Groovy
• Proven proficiency in Shell Scripting
• Proven expertise using and administrating version control management tools (e.g. GIT, SVN, Artifactory)
• Infrastructure Management, calculation of proper sizing of infrastructure, planning skills in setting up, ramping down, migration of environments
• Having previous experience for leading a release team.
Having either one or some of the following skills will be considered a plus
• Experience with world-class cloud computing and cloud storage infrastructures (AWS)
• Exposure to web based technologies.
• Having worked as a release lead in a product company.
• Database related knowledge expected, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle
Behavioral/ Personality Specifications required:-
• Needs to be process oriented, expert at creating release plans and getting buy-in from stakeholders, highlighting risks proactively.
• Proactively address client and stakeholder requests with the intent to learn and improvise.
• Must be available out of office hours when required and provide remote support when necessary.
• Guides and leads team members on how to continuously improvise the release tools and processes.