Location services is at the center of it all! From latest technology innovations like self-driving cars to drone delivery services, location information is the key fabric that powers these scenarios.
HERE Technologies enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. We transform information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another.
We are launching the world’s first Open Location Platform that will help companies harness Location Intelligence from every connected device or sensor capable of generating and sharing its context and location. The Open Location Platform is a multi-sided platform that will ingest, process and analyze data from multiple sources. Data and Service Developers and enterprises can not only bring their data to the platform but can also offer valuable services. We are looking for a seasoned developer evangelist who can tell this story to a technical audience and grow the developer community. Fast forward to three years, and we want to become the choice of developers when it comes to location services and intelligence. Think location services == think HERE.
This job will entail two key deliverables:
- Lead and Drive awareness about our offerings to Developers
- Enable developers and partner solutions/integrations
- Build and grow the Developer Community for HERE Open Location Platform and HERE Location Services.
- Drive perceptions and influence developer minds about HERE Technologies and our offerings to developers
- Write and drive high quality technical content that helps developers get started more quickly and easily (Reference examples, Code samples, Videos, blogs, podcasts, etc)
- Deliver articulate, effective, and audience-appropriate presentations/demonstrations with technically oriented content in public forums and external events for developers building on HERE Location Services and HERE Open Location Platform
- Prepare and conduct developer hackathons (Internal, External and Key Partners)
- Work cross-functionally with our product teams, many other engineering teams, and partner developers in the design and delivery of Square’s global developer platform
Takes initiative and will create high quality results with little supervision. Will find creative ways to improve and drive developer community. When working with company material, takes the utmost care to maintian their confidential nature. This person will be a technical leader whose decisions will impact the OLP Team as well as other internal/external departments. Reporting to Head of Developer Evangelism – Mithun Dhar.