HERE, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
We are seeking an experienced hands on engineering leader for our Chicago team who has a proven track record of success in fast growth, global, sophisticated technology and “start-up like” cultures. This team is charged with the mission to build the software used to empower our global operations team to efficiently create and maintain our High Definition (HD) Live Map, intended to support precise navigation for self-driving cars. We are looking for someone with great leadership skills, a solid software engineering background, exposure/expertise in agile development methodology and the ability to operate within short release cycles.
Qualified candidates will have previously built and/or led one or more engineering teams, including coordinating the teams' development efforts and ensuring the adoption of best engineering, agile project management and lean delivery practices. Candidates should also possess the superior communication and leadership skills required to interact with a number of distributed teams and major stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience with full stack web development in Java or Python on Unix/Linux environments.
- 2+ years of leading, shaping, and growing software development teams.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience architecting and building scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems and applications using a range of architectures and technologies.
- Experience working with teams following Agile/scrum and lean methodology, including incremental delivery and continuous deployment.
- Experience delivering quality products by incorporating automated unit and component tests - ideally within a continuous integration development environment.
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, cross-team environment.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.