The Regional Portfolio Management Lead will report to the Head of Global Real Estate and Corporate Facilities. This position will be based in Chicago. While teamwork is crucial to this role’s success, the position will require a significant degree of autonomy, creativity, and proactivity.
Supervisory Role; the position will have 3-4 direct reports.
Impact DECISION MAKING
This role drives real estate decisions in the region including facilities management, stakeholder management, and vendor management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or similar post-graduate studies preferred
- Broad range of business experience acquired through previous work experience,
- 15 years of experience working in Commercial Real Estate, with primary focus in Facilities Management
- Past experience in a multi-national diversified organizational environment is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experienced facilities manager with prior management of sites across a national or international remit.
- Adept in supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
- Experience in preparing documents to put out tenders for contracted services.
- Proficient in managing projects, be it with respacing properties, consolidating sites or changing premises.
- Demonstrated strategic capability
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills with an ability to manage managers/leaders and developing great new managers.
- Strong negotiation and contract skills.
- Ability to manage well in a Global Organization with a matrix environment across multiple sites.
- Sound knowledge, networking, and relationships with external facilities management service providers.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and reliability with a hands-on work approach.
- Distinct strength in conflict resolution & entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work well within teams, locally, across the enterprise, as well as internationally.
- Accomplished in managing change to ensure minimum disruption to the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with training experience to guide multifunctional teams.
- Prior involvement in calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of various systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.) for cost control.
- Sees ahead clearly with an ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Has broad knowledge and perspective.
- Future-oriented with an ability to articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods.
- Ability to successfully translate that vision into executable steps.
- Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
SOLUTIONS ORIENTED | CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
- Uses rigor and logic to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers – can navigate ambiguity and make the right connections to achieve effective outcomes.
- Easy to do business with and works with teams and leverages relationships and creative approaches to problem solve.
VERBAL | WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Able to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to interact with colleagues and executive level stakeholders.
COLLABORATION | PEER RELATIONSHIPS
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all.
- Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups.
- Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise.
- Seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers
- Encourages collaboration
- Ability to be candid with peers.
STAKEHOLDER FOCUS LEADERSHIP
- Engages with key internal stakeholders to influence and mold the partnership with RECF.
- Quickly builds trust, works to sustain lasting relationships with senior clients. “Trusted Advisor” and respectfully balances the requirement to push back while actively listening and understanding stakeholder needs.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic and demanding BU-driven work environment.
- Understands the business and how to navigate and maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly.
- Assumes leadership roles in global/regional change initiatives.
- Demonstrates “thought leadership”.
- Identifies opportunities of which stakeholders are not yet even aware.
- Invests time in knowledge creation, sharing and training.
TEAM MANAGEMENT | LEADERSHIP
- High-performing team and people builder – engages and inspires, proactive collaboration, build talent.
- Creates an environment with strong morale.
- Clearly, establishes performance expectations and goals for employees. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments.
- Holds frequent development discussions and is aware of each person's career goals while constructing compelling development plans and executing them.
- Ensures diverse slate of candidates for each and every open role on an account.
None. Willingness and ability to travel within a region (and internationally, from time to time) up to 20%.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.