HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The HERE Highly Automated Driving (HAD) team is expanding!
Within HAD, the Multi-Source Fusion team is building a large-scale distributed aggregation of multiple data sources ranging from high quality industrial capture sensor data to lower quality crowd-source vehicle sensor data to satellite imagery. The aggregated layer of road features is then published to HD Map continuously. This is a relatively new team so your knowledge and experience will make a substantial impact on bringing our software and services to the next level.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on scalable automated sensor data pipeline powering HERE self-healing map technology as a part of diverse team of researchers and engineers.. You will be working in an agile, innovative environment to contribute to delivery of a highly performant content delivery platform.
This position requires healthy doses of initiative and flexibility in a very dynamic environment. This role will support a wide range of R&D activities relating to end-to-end processing of data collected from fleet vehicles. The teams involved in this project are geographically distributed: occasional light travel may be required.
• 3+ years of programming experience with Python and Java/Scala
• B.S/M.S. degree in technical subject (mathematics/computer science or similar focus)
• Fluency with Git
• Practical knowledge of Continuous Delivery automation
• Algorithmic skills and experience applying design patterns to both new and existing code
• Fluent in an AWS-compatible scripting language
• Fluent with Linux
• Excellent written and oral communication/English language skills
• Unit Test Evangelist
• Ability to face uncertainty with confidence
• Comfortable and productive in an Agile team environment.
Ideally, you will also have some of the following:
• Light knowledge of C++
• Experience with Docker
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.