HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
Our CTO organization is seeking highly motivated software engineers to help us build this future. You will work side by side with talented engineers, solving hard problems in the location intelligence space. You will work on a broad range of technologies: cloud, APIs, storage and databases, AI, 3D/2D maps, and user interface. You must be comfortable designing and writing code up and down the technology stack. You will be part of an advanced engineering team within the CTO organization tasked with delivering breakthrough and disruptive innovation powering HERE’s future business.
You will work as part of a small, nimble team. You will continuously iterate on ideas, helping make our vision to a reality. You are highly collaborative and can work with ambiguity. If you think you have what it takes to make us successful, we would like to talk to you.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Expertise in C++ and Java, Scala
- Experience deploying, maintaining or troubleshooting open source projects as required by data science and research groups
- Experience with cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or Terraform and monitoring of infrastructure and other operational components.
- Strong interest in data and metadata management, analytics, knowledge representation and search.
Some of the following would be ideal as well:
- Experience with running highly available service
- Experience with operating or using Dashboards (such as Jupyter, Zeppelin, Tableau, ReDash)
- Shell scripting for automation and other DevOps tasks.
- OAuth or LDAP based access control
- Familiarity with HTTP, the REST-principles, and TCP/IP networking
- Analytics fundamentals, data modelling, data warehousing or data cubes
- Understanding of geospatial models, analysis and visualization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
#LI - KK1