Principal Software Engineer - Reality Index
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
At HERE TECHNOLOGIES, we are inventing the future.
There has never been an inflection point quite like this. A new digital era, where the human race and technology fundamentally reconfigure their relationship to empower every aspect of our surroundings. Where we go from ride-sharing to self-driving. From street-maps to an index-of-reality. Welcome to the autonomous world.
You can be a part of this new world with a career at HERE TECHNOLOGIES.
Our CTO organization is seeking highly motivated software engineers with interest and demonstrated experience in front and backend systems for analytics, data and metadata management. The ideal candidate would possess firsthand knowledge of modern infrastructure, deployment tooling, monitoring, centralized logging, cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and their service offerings.
You will be part of an advanced engineering team within the CTO organization tasked with delivering breakthrough and disruptive innovation powering HEREâ€™s future business.
In this role, you both understand the business requirements and provide deep technical insights into the details of implementing novel high-scale software systems.
You understand operational issues, collaborate with engineers in your areas of expertise as well as other disciplines and help drive innovative and effective technical solutions.
The team is small and flexible, looking for candidates that are comfortable building end to end solutions for our analytics and research customers. The ideal candidate would be open to learning and contributing to any aspect of the end to end application or data lifecycle. The position is dynamic in nature and involves coding applications, scripting automation, deploying, maintaining components and visualizing large datasets. The candidate will be exposed to leading edge technologies and research for machine learning, analytics, distributed devices and IoT.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Expertise in C++ and Java, Scala
- Experience deploying, maintaining or troubleshooting open source projects as required by data science and research groups
- Experience with cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or Terraform and monitoring of infrastructure and other operational components.
- Strong interest in data and metadata management, analytics, knowledge representation and search.
Some of the following would be ideal as well:
- Experience with running highly available service
- Experience with operating or using Dashboards (such as Jupyter, Zeppelin, Tableau, ReDash)
- Shell scripting for automation and other DevOps tasks.
- OAuth or LDAP based access control
- Familiarity with HTTP, the REST-principles, and TCP/IP networking
- Analytics fundamentals, data modelling, data warehousing or data cubes
- Understanding of geospatial models, analysis and visualization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.