HERE is the leader in the Location Cloud business – the map for the 21st century. The HERE Open Location Platform is powering the next generation of location intelligence. It is a multi-sided platform: ingesting, processing and analyzing data from multiple sources, encoding location-related information for people, places and things as well as deriving relationships between them. The platform is also open to third-party developers from different industries.
Do you want to improve the authorization system for this cutting-edge platform?Then this position could be a great match for you. A highly motivated and experienced team in HERE’s Bangalore office is looking for candidates who love developing cutting-edge, high-performance software in the cloud.
As a Senior Engineer on our team, you will practice agile development and be responsible for stories ranging from software design; to developing new features and improvements in availability, scalability, and latency; to testing and performance benchmarking.
Programming languages include Java and Scala, but may vary based on need. The candidate will work on a large-scale authorization system that performs policy definition and storage, role and group management, policy decision, and policy enforcement functionality to the HERE Open Location Platform. The collaborative environment uses peer programming and reviews, together with CI/CD methods to produce high quality software using modern development and testing approaches. The authorization system as an architectural component is a critical piece of HERE’s global organization
- 4+ years of work experience in software development. Overall experience of 5 to 8 years.
- Java or other object-oriented programming experience
- Scala or other functional programming experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent years of experience
- Experience developing APIs, HTTP REST API experience is a plus
- Comfortable with Unix based systems
- Comfortable with multiple programming languages
- Experience with RBAC, ABAC, or other industry-standard authorization scheme
- Cloud programming: AWS
- Understanding of containers: Docker
- Development tools: git, gerrit, jenkins