HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The HERE HAD team designs and builds hardware and software to enable autonomous mobility solutions by providing capabilities that span the cloud, the vehicle, and the data.
Within HAD, the Acquisition and Processing Engineering team builds services designed to efficiently expose our high-resolution image and 3D point cloud data to internal product teams across the automotive, enterprise, and consumer spaces. This is a relatively new team so your knowledge and experience will make a substantial impact on bringing our software and services to the next level.
We are looking for experienced candidates who will be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on innovation and be able to learn and integrate complementary technologies inside and outside their specific area of expertise to deliver highly scalable and fault tolerant systems to optimize the way content feeds in to all of our products in the automotive, enterprise, and consumer spaces.
What we look for
* Solid knowledge of object oriented and functional programming principles
* An understanding of the importance of producing readable code
* Experience with the JVM in general and ideally with Scala
* Knowledge about basic algorithms and data structures
* Experience with the AWS for production services
* Test-driven development
* Experience with running highly available service serving millions of requests
* Experience with Unix and good command of a scripting language
* Familiarity with HTTP, the REST-principles and TCP/IP networking
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Good command of written and spoken English
Some specific technologies we use:
* Git, Gerrit
* Amazon Web Services
- 12+ years of experience with object oriented and functional programming languages and related technologies
- 4+ years of experience developing distributed data management or processing systems
- An understanding of the importance of producing good and readable code (TDD, DRY, encapsulation, names, abstractions, format etc.)
- Experience with delivering to and running software in production (from libraries to highly available service serving millions of requests)
- Track-record of multiple shipped software or service releases in lead roles
- Understanding what does it mean to efficiently work in a team
- Readiness for technical challenges and excellent analytical skills
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.