- Smart – We are looking for someone who understands how to take requirements and apply your experience and creativity to develop solutions that can be used by our customers to learn how to best use our Platform.
- Team Player –Our teams are highly collaborative. You believe that a team can accomplish more than one person working alone and continuous improvement is key to a team’s success. In addition to coding with your team, you will work with HERE Product Management to finalize the requirements, OLP Architects/Dev Teams on systems design, and HERE Customers to understand and assist in engineering their solutions on our Platform.
- Driven – Figure it out! Creating and delivering valuable solutions is your top priority. You know your code will work because you understand the HERE domain, our OLP Platform, and are applying the best engineering practices to realize solutions.
- Adaptable – Our OLP Platform continues to evolve. You will be a key contributor to this journey - using your experience to influence product direction and deliver quality solutions.
- Expert coding skills in and passionate about Java (a must) and Scala (highly preferred). Python and other scripting languages a big plus.
- Experienced in developing highly scalable, real-time streaming and batch processing systems (CEP and technologies such as Flink, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
- Unix/Linux expert that has worked in AWS with EC2/ECS, S3, ELB, SNS/SQS, CloudWatch, etc.
- Experienced with TDD and BDD using JUnit and JBehave/Cucumber.
- Worked with CI/CD processes and tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, GoCD.
- Familiar with Agile, KANBAN and SCRUM.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or similar.
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver.
- Great communication skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements).
- Willing to mentor and work with internal and external OLP Platform Customers.
- Some travel required.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.