HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
HERE’s CTO office is seeking a Sr. Principal Software Engineer to join the team building an exabyte-scale database engine for real-time storage and analysis of dynamic geospatial data from:
· Autonomous vehicles
· Mobile devices
· Multiple sensory devices
We are looking for highly motivated candidates to work closely with other exceptional engineers to deliver the world’s most advanced spatiotemporal database platform.
You will be part of an advanced engineering team within the CTO organization tasked with delivering breakthrough and disruptive innovation powering HERE’s future business.
In this role, you both understand the business requirements and provide deep technical insights into the details of implementing novel high-scale software systems.
You understand operational issues, mentor engineers in your areas of expertise, and can drive innovative and effective technical solutions.
· Design robust network routing and transport protocols from first principles
· Implement high-performance network stacks for complex network topologies
· Research novel solutions to key challenges in massively scalable systems
· Collaborate with other engineers to coordinate efforts and solve novel problems
· Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise
· Foster and employ software engineering best practices for high reliability systems
· Clearly document code and architecture
· 10+ years as a software engineer in a commercial software development environment
· Expert skill in C++11 or later
· Fluent in networking and software development for Linux
· Experience building high-performance networking software and systems
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Expertise at user-space networking implementations
· Experience with content-delivery network protocol design and implementation
· Experience with software design for massively parallel systems
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.