Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?” You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by watching the video below or visiting this link
Are you fascinated by maps? Do you want to find out how we map the world and how to build the world’s best search engine? It might be easy to build search engines, it might be easy to build recommendation engines, but what it takes to build a service that allows humans to interact with the world around them you won't find in a book. Years of research, testing, analysis of how people ask "How do I get to where I want to go?" – that’s what led us to what we're very proud of and we'd like you to join our journey.
We in the OneSearch team make the world's addresses and places findable. Our daily work is all about data mining, string processing, efficient data structures, machine learning and ranking algorithms. We are proud to have top software engineers, machine learning specialists and mathematicians in our team which is spread across offices in the USA and Germany and are looking for a passionate, experienced QA engineer to strengthen our team.
The HERE OneSearch team provides services for accurate location information retrieval and plays a key role in the HERE platform. Well known enterprises leverage our services and platform for locating addresses and location tracking at a rate of thousands of hits each second.
As a team member, your responsibilities span the entire software development process to include:
• Design, implement and run automated functional tests, primarily against a RESTful Webservice
• Verify releases mainly based on regressions
• Extract and analyze big chunks of test data to be used in the test design
• Write test scripts wherever needed
• Review existing test cases and test approaches and suggest improvements
• Report on test progress and detected issues daily, work closely with engineers
• Create, maintain and enhance test documentation
You are a fast learner, with an eye for detail, strong problem-solving and debugging skills, and the following:
• Degree in Computer Science (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) or an equivalent qualification
• 3-5 years of work experience in testing backend software, preferably Web Services with expertise in test automation in an agile environment
• Familarity with at least one scripting or programming language, preferably Java, Python and/or Groovy
• Preferably experienced in testing tools such as REST Assured/SoapUI Pro
• Good working knowledge of XML and JSON
• Good working knowledge in one of the continuous integration tools Jenkins, Bamboo
• Good working knowledge in one of the version control system, preferably git
• Passion for product quality, great attention to detail and communicative personality
• Goal oriented and conscientious attitude, high level of motivation, accountability with proficient oral and written English language skills
Plus points :
• Experience in performance testing
• Experience in AWS cloud technologies
• Knowledge of log analysis tools or data mining (Splunk, MapReduce, Kibana, Zeppelin or similar)
• Familiarity with location-based applications and paradigms
• Attended and/or obtained ISTQB Foundation training/certificate
• Notion of exploratory testing, TDD
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!