Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?” You might be using HERE Technologies every day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE
Our team in HERE’s Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) Group builds specialized applications to support HD Map creation and quality assurance at scale. We support the entire process of creating our product from supporting machine learning model training all the way to publishing map targeting autonomous vehicles. We follow agile and lean principles to rapidly deliver production grade solutions and then leveraging metrics and user research to continuously and iteratively improve system efficiency as well as the user experience.
We are seeking an experienced hands on engineering leader for our Chicago team who has a proven track record of success in fast growth, global, sophisticated technology and “start-up like” cultures. This team is charged with the mission to build the software used to empower our global operations team to efficiently create and maintain our High Definition (HD) Live Map, intended to support precise navigation for self-driving cars. We are looking for someone with great leadership skills, a solid software engineering background, exposure/expertise in agile development methodology and the ability to operate within short release cycles.
Qualified candidates will have previously led engineering teams, coordinating the teams' development efforts and ensuring the adoption of engineering, agile project management and lean delivery best practices. Candidates should also possess the superior communication and leadership skills required to interact with distributed teams and stakeholders.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with full stack web development in Java or Python on Unix/Linux environments.
- 2+ years of leading, shaping, and growing software development teams.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills.
And ideally, you have some of the following:
- Experience architecting and building scalable and fault tolerant web systems and applications using a range of architectures and technologies.
- Experience working with teams following Agile/scrum and lean methodology, including incremental delivery and continuous deployment.
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, cross-team environment.
What Do We Offer?
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.