Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going 360.here.com.
HERE enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. We transform information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another.
HERE is packed with smart people from around the world. Our offices foster an open environment where good ideas are encouraged and embraced. There's also plenty of flexibility within the company, options for achieving an ideal work/life balance and various other extras on offer.
Our CTO organization is building a Lab in the Zurich area and is seeking highly motivated software engineers with interest and demonstrated experience in big data platforms, machine learning and analytics. We are looking for candidates that are entrepreneurial, that are highly motivated with their own opinions, and that want to shape products and implement pioneering technologies that impact millions of people every day!
You will be part of an advanced engineering team within the CTO organization tasked with delivering breakthrough and disruptive innovation powering HERE’s future business. You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, and a creative and agile work environment. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, growing team at one of the most innovative technology companies in the world.
This is a senior engineering role where you will need to excel with minimal technical supervision, while playing a variety of roles as needed to respond efficiently to product priorities. You both understand the business requirements and provide deep technical insights into the details of implementing novel high-scale software systems. You understand operational issues, collaborate with engineers in your areas of expertise as well as other disciplines and help drive innovative and effective technical solutions.
The team is small and flexible, looking for candidates that are comfortable building end to end solutions for our analytics and research customers. The ideal candidate would be open to learning and contributing to any aspect of the end to end application or data lifecycle. The position is dynamic in nature and involves coding applications, scripting automation, deploying, maintaining components and visualizing large datasets. The ideal candidate would possess firsthand knowledge of modern infrastructure, deployment tooling, monitoring, centralized logging, cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and their service offerings. The candidate will be exposed to leading edge technologies and research for machine learning, analytics, distributed devices and IoT.
- BS in Computer Science or a related discipline, advanced degrees preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering or data science roles
- Expertise in C++ and Java, Scala
- Experience deploying, maintaining or troubleshooting open source projects as required by data science and research groups
- Experience with cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or Terraform and monitoring of infrastructure and other operational components.
- Strong interest in data and metadata management, analytics, knowledge representation and search.
Some of the following would be ideal as well:
- Experience with running highly available service
- Spark, Hadoop, Drill, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, monitoring infrastructure and other operational components.
- Experience with operating or using Dashboards (such as Jupyter, Zeppelin, Tableau, Redash)
- OAuth or LDAP based access control
- Analytics fundamentals, data modelling, data warehousing or data cubes
- Understanding of data security and privacy requirements and techniques
- Understanding of geospatial models, analysis and visualization
What we offer:
- A stimulating multi-national work environment
- Involvement with internal and external users
- Exposure to new technologies and development methodologies
- Development of analytical and technical skills
- Opportunity to learn from highly-experienced and motivated colleagues
- A chance to work on interesting and unique problems at serious scales
- Conferences, technical and soft-skills trainings