The objective of this role is to engage and build trusted relationship with both government and commercial organizations in finding, qualifying, and obtaining a variety of different types of geospatial datasets that meet the objectives of HERE, mainly focused on mid to high complex deals.
In this role you will support and lead HERE's Data Acquisition activities primarily in Australia and potentially supporting the Oceania team in other parts of the region.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Managing one or more categories in the Map & Data supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
- Taking direction from the Sub-Regional Head of Data Acquisition & Community and implementing the strategies set forth and communicated by the Head of Data Acquisition & Community
- Assisting in developing and implementing and/or executing an existing data acquisition strategy aligned with the set objectives
- Leading negotiations and data acquisition engagements of mid to high complexity including related internal process/product activities in cooperation with key stakeholders; e.g. product marketing/management, legal, contracting, purchasing, supplier management and quality assurance/source evaluation processes
- Applying strategic data acquisition practices and manages supplier negotiations to ensure full benefits are realized and sustained
- Ensuring commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality
- Supporting the achievement of targeted results against data acquisition objectives, and suggests methods to decrease expenditure
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with related Map & Data supplier-specific business activities as well as the extended category industries by building and maintaining thorough understanding of the overall sourcing market/landscape (e.g. by conducting ongoing research to understand what sources are available and effort/cost to acquire)
- Presenting updates on all pertinent supplier and/or industry issues (e.g. shifts in negotiating power of suppliers, relevant governmental initiatives) to stakeholders and immediate management and proposes alternative scenarios as they apply to existing strategies
- Proactively monitoring supplier competencies and competitive positioning (benchmarking)
- Reviewing and recommending best in class suppliers for RFx bid processes under supervision of the Sub-Regional Head of Data Acquisition & Community and with support of Product Management
- Developing negotiation strategies that deliver to business objectives and achieving sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Ensuring effective communication materials and channels are in place to maximize the delivery and implementation of any sourcing activity in cooperation with Product Marketing / Management and across sub-regions