As a team member, your responsibilities span the entire software development process to include:
• Developing code, gathering requirements and crafting software components.
• Peer reviewing and testing code changes by other team members.
• You will work on a large-scale authorization system that performs policy definition and storage, role and group management, policy decision, and policy enforcement functionality to the HERE Open Location Platform.
• Contributing to process improvements. The authorization system as an architectural component is a critical piece of HERE’s global organization
• Maintaining build, CI/CD tools methods to produce high quality software using modern development and testing approaches.
You are a fast learner, with an eye for detail, strong problem-solving and debugging skills, and the following:
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience with solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• About 2-4 years of work experience in software development.
• Experience writing Java or other object-oriented programming experience.
• Knowledge of Scala or other functional programming experience is a plus.
• Experience developing APIs, HTTP REST API experience is a pluså
• Familarity with Unix based systems and comfortable with multiple programming languages
• Desired skills - Experience with RBAC, ABAC, or other industry-standard authorization scheme, AWS, Understanding of containers like Docker and development tools like GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins.
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE
HERE is the leader in the Location Cloud business – the map for the 21st century. The HERE Open Location Platform is powering the next generation of location intelligence. It is a multi-sided platform: ingesting, processing and analyzing data from multiple sources, encoding location-related information for people, places and things as well as deriving relationships between them. The platform is also open to third-party developers from different industries.
Do you want to improve the authorization system for this cutting-edge platform? Then this position could be a great match for you. A highly motivated and experienced team in HERE’s Bangalore office is looking for candidates who love developing cutting-edge, high-performance software in the cloud.
As an Engineer on our team, you will practice agile development and be responsible for stories ranging from software design; to developing new features and improvements in availability, scalability, and latency; to testing and performance benchmarking.