The APAC People Enablement & Acquisition team engages on all people matters and interventions in the region. We enable our business units to achieve outstanding results. You will be part of a team that is multi-cultural, down to earth and focused on delivering value to our stakeholders.
As a HR Business Partner Manager, you will take responsibility for all HR interventions in our Japan business. You will be the dedicated HR Partner for all business units in country and you will translate the business strategy into people and organization strategies, and you will drive the implementation of the people agenda. You will also oversee certain administrative functions for the Japan entity.
Your main responsibilities include:
· Working closely with Regional and Global Business HR, Centers of Excellence, and your local managers and leadership teams to implement HR initiatives and people actions that successfully execute the business strategy.
· Developing an intimate knowledge of the respective business and teams and enable them to tailor solutions for the current business environment.
· Supporting organization design and restructuring activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles and/or processes.
· Serving as a trusted advisor to front line managers as well as local leadership on key people related issues.
· Coaching line managers on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
· Providing HR consultancy and administrative support in areas such as: internal processes and policies, country legislative compliance, payroll management, vendor management, performance and employee relations management, compensation and job classification.
· Working to improve organizational performance and help enable a work environment conducive to building high performing teams.
· Supporting a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career/succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
· Assessing organizational health in partnership with business and HR leadership, implement local engagement strategies.
· Developing and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time.
· Supporting Talent Acquisition initiatives as required
· Overseeing local Japanese employee administrative matters
You are a self-starter with a high tolerance to ambiguity. You like solving problems and are comfortable working with senior leadership.
· We see you having 6 to 9 years relevant work experience as an HR business partner, or equivalent, from a fast-paced international organization. From your previous work, you have broad experience covering talent acquisition, performance and talent management, employee & labor relations, employee engagement and employee administration.
· We expect that you have a strong understanding of cultural nuances in Japan , with experience interacting with teams in the region and globally. You have working knowledge of local employment laws.
· You have worked with a global company and are able to balance local, regional and global requirements as expected
· You must have a bachelor’s degree, and we would prefer you to have a master’s degree with emphasis human resource management, organization development or a commercial focus.
· We need you to have excellent communication skills in English and Japanese (oral and written).
· To be successful, you have demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change.
· We win together in HERE, so we expect you to be a team player who quickly builds trust and strong collaborative working relationships with managers and employees, as well as external partners.
· We see you having excellent organizational skills, and you can work with internal and external stakeholders alike on both a tactical and strategic levels.
· We expect you to be analytically strong and have excellent problem-solving skills.
· It will be an added advantage if you are fluent an additional Asian language like Korean or Mandarin
· Lastly, we envision you to model excellent judgment and demonstrate the courage to be creative and take smart risks that improve business performance.
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by going here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLdvL4YD8mw