What you will be responsible for -
• Developing, extending, and maintaining various of applications needed to visualize, trained, and maintained the quality of HERE Map data
• Work closely with various other development teams within and outside of the department to implement scaling and long-term solutions
• Design for simplicity in an ecosystem of services and software solutions
• Apply rapid prototyping techniques to deliver tangible experiences early on for HERE stakeholders as well as potential users
• Work closely with developers to understand technical realities and to ensure proper implementation of the experience
• Collaborate with designers and product managers to create prototypes that convey experience intentions when static comps cannot tell the whole story
• Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
• Contribute to continuous integration and continuous delivery of systems and infrastructure
• Collaborate effectively in and across teams
• Manage multiple projects/tasks, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
• Research and development - Be involved in research and development activities to understand and identify the solution requirements aligned to HERE’s vision and business needs
• Software engineering – Design, Test and implement software systems that optimize all phases of data operations process and new solution designs
• Plan, direct or coordinate quality assurance programs and formulate quality control processes for the solutions designed
• Support the creation and execution of technology deployment plans
• Analyze completed prototype, pilot, and scaled projects to identify gaps to address further requirements or specification issues and communicate to relevant stakeholders
• Identify solution / project requirements, technical tool, and document gaps, and communicate specification issues to internal stakeholders
You are -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
• 5+ years of industry experience including strong working experience on high quality consumer facing solutions full stack
• Proficient in design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Adobe XD, Indesign Illustrator, Corel etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to design, prototype & specify the UX architecture, interaction flows and UI layouts for websites, web and mobile applications
• Experience in creating wire-frames elaborate them into page mock-ups.
• Experience working on high-quality web application full-stack
• Experience in optimizing existing user interface designs.
• Optimization of website content and code must be W3C Standard Compliant
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. From paper sketches to mid/high-fidelity comps, you can get your visual and non-visual ideas across to a variety of audiences.
• Solid understanding of project requirements, and the ability to take responsibility for them.
• Solid experience with Agile development practices.
• Experience working in software development, collaborating with many individual designers, product leads and engineers along the way.
• Strong conceptual skills and a desire to push the boundaries
• Visual design skills and passion for pixel-perfection a bonus
• Data visualization skills a bonus
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Following skills would be a bonus –
o Knowledge of AWS (ELB, EC2, Lambda)
o Good understanding of Application Deployment (Kubernetes, AWS or other)
o Experience with CI/CD systems (Gitlab, Jenkins, or other)
o Have worked with modern web frameworks (React, Redux, Redux-Saga, Angular, Vue.js, or other)
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video
As a Senior Software Engineer would be a part of the Process Design Engineering & Innovation team.
Will be required to understand evolving business processes, new demand to create efficient end to end process/solution design for customer/data operations which caters to internal and external customers and required to maintain complex independent software solutions. Flair for software and solution development. Must have good communication skills and be passionate about integration etc.