Responsible for -
• Monitor and improve performance assuring highest customer availability
• Adapt services to other backend API changes and technological upgrades
• Maintain and increase code quality, while ensuring best engineering practices
• Software Engineering - Design, Test and implement software systems that optimize all phases of data operations process and new solution designs
• Perform requirements analysis, understanding the business requirement and design and develop optimized and customized solutions for customer
• Research and development - Be involved in research and development activities to understand and identify the product requirements aligned to HERE’s vision and business needs
• Analyze completed prototype, pilot and scaled projects to identify gaps to address further requirements or specification issues and communicate to relevant stakeholders
You are -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
• 5+ years of experience with substantial experience in cloud development projects
• Should have strong programming skills in relevant languages, SOLID software design principles and the following experience –
o Extensive experience in Java and some knowledge in at least one of these programming languages: C++, Python, Go, Scala
• Excellent understanding of optimization and performance issues
• Experience developing HTTP REST services and full-stack web applications
• Knowledge about security principles
• Basic knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD methods
• Excellent collaborative skills as well as confidence in written and spoken English
• Analytical approach and problem-solving skills
• Ability to lead detailed process analysis
• Having the following skills would be an added advantage:
o Having a domain knowledge of Map Matching & Positioning, Entitlement, Routing, Guidance, Traffic, Rendering, Map Data Management & NDS, HRS/HHW/ADAS, PNAV is an added advantage
o Knowledge of location-based services such as mapping, navigation, GPS
o Experience deploying applications using Kubernetes
o OpenAPI 3.0 specification
o HERE Platform
o Experience with different DBs.
o Knowledge on location or automotive specific standards, e.g., Navigation Data Standard (NDS), Transport Protocol Experts Group (TPEG)
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video
As a Senior Software Engineer, you would be a part of theSolution Engineering and Maintenance Center of Excellence tasked with evolving and maintaining HERE Automotive SDK and associated backend services; an SDK that offers functionality on various domains: Routing, Rendering, Search, System, Traffic, Guidance used to enable in-car navigation use cases.
Must be a top-tier backend engineer with proven proficiency in cloud development.Would be contributing to a wide range of backend services impacting user experience in cars such as routing algorithms, traffic, road sign and hazard updates served as REST and native APIs.Musthave good communication skills and be passionate about integration etc. specially with OEM platform.