Major Responsibilities :
• Create, develop, extend, and maintain software solutions in an innovative and iteratively growing environment
• Participate in the full software development life cycle of an Android library and related applications
• Write clean, simple, and well-tested code
• Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
• Process Engineering - To perform requirements analysis, understanding the business requirement and design and develop optimized and customized software solutions for customer. Solution depending on customer can range from design to testing and deployment.
• Research and development - Be involved in research and development activities to understand and identify the solution requirements aligned to HERE’s vision and business needs
• Support the managers in designing team strategies, be the forerunners for innovation vertical within the team by driving patents
• Coordinate between team stakeholders/customers to manage the requirement
• Enjoy writing asynchronous code
• Thrive dealing with complex issue
• Can read / write API specs like the back of your hand
• Has experience building back-end services composed of lots of moving parts that interface via APIs and SDKs.
• Develop innovative solutions
• Software engineering – Design, Test and implement software systems that optimize all phases of data operations process and new solution designs
• Plan, direct or coordinate quality assurance programs and formulate quality control processes for the solutions designed
• Develop engineering on technology initiatives, tool development and process optimization
• Support the creation and execution of technology deployment plans
• Analyze completed prototype, pilot, and scaled projects to identify gaps to address further requirements or specification issues and communicate to relevant stakeholders
• Identify solution / project requirements, technical tool, and document gaps, and communicate specification issues to internal stakeholders
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
• 3+ years of professional software development experience including strong MERN stack experience
• Hands-on experience for most of the following is required - NodeJS, ReactJs, React-Native, Angular, MongoDB, ExpressJS or Restify
• Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns with MEAN Full Stack paradigm
• Knowledge of the following will be considered as an advantage:
o Consumer Web Development Experience for High-Traffic, Public Facing web applications
o Experience with cloud technologies also a plus
o Continuous integration (Jenkins/Hudson) and version control (SVN, Git).
• Strong software fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design skills)
• Excellent eye for detail
• Prior experience in developing an API/SDK interface with accompanying SDK documentation
• Awareness of technical writing concepts, requirements gathering, software development practices and user software testing (UST)
• Ability to lead detailed process analysis
• Analytical approach and problem-solving skills
• Excellent collaborative skills as well as confidence in written and spoken English
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Knowledge of HERE SDK will be preferred
• Knowledge of agile development techniques such as TDD, Pair Programming, Refactoring, Continuous Integration
• Knowledge of OEM platform would be an added advantage
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video
Software Engineer II would be a part of the Process Design Engineering & Innovation team.
Will be required to understand evolving business processes, new demand to create efficient end to end process/solution design for customer/data operations which caters to internal and external customers and required to maintain complex independent software solutions. Flair for software and solution development. Must have good communication skills and be passionate about integration etc.