The SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER would be a part of the Process Design Engineering & Innovation team.
You would plan, design, develop and test complex software customer solutions that advance HERE’s geolocation business and vision. You often cross functional and technical domains in multiple industries including Automotive, Transport and Logistics. Over the course of the software development lifecycle, you will be responsible for the delivery of software design, implementation, integration and quality of the assigned components.
Flair for software and solution development. Must have good communication skills and be passionate about integration etc.
- Participate in all stages of software development including gathering requirements, software design, coding, testing, and release.
- Ensure software created and released conforms to quality requirements by accurately writing and executing test plans and unit testing of developed code.
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects.
- Work with other teams and departments to achieve cross-functional goals.
- Maintain and run tools and processes that support and automate software solution release and deploy the development artifacts for release to production.
- Mentor less experienced team members on technical matters.
- Support opportunity quotation initiatives (RfX) by providing technical analysis, detailed component design, and effort estimates for the assigned scope.
- Create, develop, extend, and maintain software solutions in an innovative and iteratively growing environment
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate effectively in and across teams of multiple research and engineering disciplines
- Research and development - Be involved in research and development activities to understand and identify the solution requirements aligned to HERE’s vision and business needs
- Develop engineering on technology initiatives, tool development and process optimization
- Support the creation and execution of technology deployment plans
- Analyze completed prototype, pilot, and scaled projects to identify gaps to address further requirements or specification issues and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Identify solution / project requirements, technical tool, and document gaps, and communicate specification issues to internal stakeholders
- Tasks of moderate complexity requiring some discretion and independent judgment. Carries out tasks/activities according to assignment and set guidelines. Limited supervision and coaching needed.
- Participates as an individual contributor with advanced professional expertise. Makes decisions affecting functional work within set parameters and able to achieve organizational & department goals as defined.
IMPACT DECISION MAKING
- Impact is short-term and departmental/project in scope. Accountable for quality, accuracy, and efficiency. Actions and errors can have functional area impact.