• Perform pre-processing of source inputs through refinement and merging to convert them in a usable format. This includes splitting sources files into smaller segments by applying queries or macros that are provided to incumbent or other similar processes. Each source document has a different procedure to follow to complete pre-processing and incumbent is trained on how to process each type of source document
• Analyze and interpret what source inputs indicate and compare them with the existing database to determine if an update is needed to the current database
• For new map data found in source documents, incumbent updates maps in digitized mapping database by adding the appropriate code to update the database. This is completed using the required platform/tools and per defined processes.
• Perform quality checks on data input to test validity of data. This is completed with the assistance of more experienced GIS Analysts
• Participate in team meetings and discussions and share best practices/lessons learnt
Work is carried out according to specific instruction, procedures and defined processes. Requires active supervision and coaching from manager/team leader or peers
IMPACT DECISION MAKING
Accountable for quality and accuracy of own tasks. Errors may have limited impact on own team
• Bachelor’s degree (3 years college/polytechnic education) or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
• 0 - 2 years of experience using HERE proprietary or related map making tools
• Proficiency in English (reading and writing) is required
• Good Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office suite
• Exposure to mapping technologies, software and GIS concepts is very desirable
• Excellent orientation to details
• Good analytical and logical skills
• Good written and oral English communication skills
• Good team player
• Willingness to work in shifts
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video