Click column header to sort
As a Sr Technical Support Engineer, you ensure HERE's customers get maximum value from HERE products and services through the evaluation, production, and maintenance phases. You will partner with sales representatives to expand and improve Customer’s adoption of HERE products and services. We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in January 2022.
- You must possess customer orientation and excellent communication skills that enable you to effectively represent the Voice of the Customer internally while safeguarding HERE’s business interest. An ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers leverage HERE services to solve their business problems is required.
- You will be the go-to technical expert on HERE products and support software applications for customers. You will analyze, reproduce, and debug data and software issues reported by Customers and come up with recommendations and drive issues to resolution. This role provides L1/L2 support and it is responsible for P1/P2 escalations.
- Another important aspect of the role, it is to provide actionable insights and drive continuous improvement opportunities, given the broad exposure to customer, products, and process.
- The Sr. Technical Support Engineer is a long term, relationship based, customer facing support role, working in a fast-moving environment that values customer empathy as well as technical proficiency.
About the Team:
Have you ever wondered how a map that contains the data for the whole world and powers offline map rendering, routing, search, turn-by-turn navigation and traffic easily fits on the SD card of your mobile phone? Become part of our team and contribute to the most advanced map format that soon will conquer the location market! You will be challenged by a lot of interesting algorithmic, design and performance problems that allow you to leverage and fully unfold your intellectual skills.
As a member of Compilation Frameworks and Pipelines team, you will have the opportunity to create HERE Map - a digital representation of the world - that will be used on millions of mobile devices and serves as a base for numerous location services. You will take advantage of high-end cloud computing, devise a SPARK cluster to process terabytes of all kinds of source data to create a comprehensive, highly compressed, semantically and geo-indexed map content for backend and client services.
You will develop a compiler framework that enables users of the Here Platform to compile their own data with Here Map Content, the most comprehensive and current source of location data worldwide. In a team of highly skilled professionals you will enjoy a great team atmosphere, highly collaborative spirit and have lots of opportunities to learn and develop your skills as well as to contribute to the team's success.
In an Agile context, you will
- Develop highly accurate and performant map compilers and SDK libraries
- Participate in architectural design
- Elaborate user stories, estimate effort, define acceptance criteria
- Conduct code reviews of your work and the work of your peers
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Write executable acceptance tests and unit tests
- Participate in setting up and maintaining development infrastructure (build, testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- Contribute to the documentation (deliverables, team's wiki)
HERE is looking for a Manager in software engineering to drive excellence in its Platform Foundation organization. The Platform Foundation is responsible for providing the enabling layers to the HERE Platform through identity and access management, accounting, billing, container orchestration, cloud abstraction, big data management, processing, and streaming services. The platform foundation services are mission-critical and meet demanding compliance, security, performance, and uptime requirements.
This Manager role will be focused on streaming and ingestion services and will be responsible for planning and leading implementation of agile software development projects, DevOps practices and test automation with the goal of delivering increasingly valuable features into the HERE platform while driving continuous improvements in security, quality and service levels. The candidate will partner with product managers and engineering leadership to craft and drive rational planning and tradeoff decisions.
The successful candidate will be a software craftsman, with a track-record of successful software projects against demanding requirements. She or he will be a trusted coach to software developers, a trusted partner to product management and approach complex prioritization challenges with a calm and analytical mindset.
SUMMARY OF JOB
Sr Software Engineer will be required to understand evolving business processes, new demand to create efficient end to end process/solution design for customer/data operations which caters to internal and external customers and required to maintain complex independent Software solutions. Flair for software and solution development. Must have good communication skills and be passionate about integration etc. specially with OEM platform
- Process Engineering - To perform requirements analysis, understanding the business requirement and design and develop optimized and customized solutions for customer. Solution depending on customer can range from design to testing and deployment.
- Research and development - Be involved in research and development activities to understand and identify the product requirements aligned to HERE’s vision and business needs
- Coordinate between team stakeholders/customers to manage the requirement
- Should have strong hands on experience with Android and iOS development
- Knowledge of HERE SDK will be preferred.
- Software engineering – Design, Test and implement software systems that optimize all phases of data operations process and new solution designs
- Plan, direct or coordinate quality assurance programs and formulate quality control processes for the solutions designed
- Develop engineering on technology initiatives, tool development and process optimization
- Support the creation and execution of technology deployment plans
- Identify product / project requirements, technical tool and document gaps, and communicate specification issues to internal stakeholders
- Analyze completed prototype, pilot and scaled projects to identify gaps to address further requirements or specification issues and communicate to relevant stakeholders
Tasks of moderate complexity requiring some discretion and independent judgment. Carries out tasks/activities according to assignment and set guidelines. Limited supervision and coaching needed.
Individual Contributor. Participates as individual contributor to team.
Impact DECISION MAKING
Impact is short-term and departmental/project in scope. Accountable for quality, accuracy and efficiency. Actions and errors can have functional area impact.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and oncall support HERE API Gateway components.
- Evaluate and choose technologies suitable, communicate effectively about decisions, direction and progress, both inside and outside the team.
- Provide coaching and technical guidance for less experienced team members.
- Develop components and services using agile methods and tools
- Build and deploy microservices using Kubernetes, Docker and understand deployment and monitoring tools like Helm, iPass, Grafana, Prometheus
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Vehicle Solutions End-to-End Quality group! You will be working with a hardworking Agile team of developers to craft and deploy map assessment solutions at the continental scale. You will work closely with other software developers and architects to improve the reliability, quality, cost, and efficiency of the product.
As a Crisis Management Program Manager (CMPM) you will be responsible for the overall health and maturity of the HERE wide Crisis Management Program. You will support HERE in all phases of crisis management in order to emerge stronger from a crisis.
In your role you will ensure that the Crisis Response Organization possess the necessary capabilities, confidence, and experience to perform accordingly whilst in a crisis situation. You can achieve this by continuous dialogue with stakeholders and subject-matter experts across HERE global organisation.
You will ensure that organisational changes are considered in the Crisis Response Organization and followed up accordingly, such as onboarding and/or introducing new members/employees to the Crisis Response Organization and updating the relevant documentation.
You would also have a role of monitoring such escalations that may trigger the Crisis Response Task Force (CRTF) activation and if activated, you would support CRTF administrative and logistical tasks such like invocating subject matter experts and tasks communications.
Your main responsibilities include:
- All aspects of program management including schedule, budget, and resource planning;
- Monitoring and maintaining the Crisis Management policies and governance;
- Coordination of relevant operations and communications between a wide range of stakeholders;
- Reporting and advising of the Program Executive Sponsor
- Developing capabilities and crisis response plans against key scenarios and relates them to the ERM and the overall risk profile of HERE;
- Creating organizational awareness by developing and hosting training, exercises and simulations (based on key scenarios); and
- Activation and coordination of meetings with HERE’s Management Team, Crisis Response Task Force and Subject Matter Experts during crisis response;
- Documentation of all events and decisions happening during the crisis; and
- Facilitating the post-mortem evaluation after a crisis and implements lessons learned.
We are looking for a seasoned, yet curious and creative Director Regional Communications - EMEAR (m/f/x) who has relevant experience in the corporate, technology and/or customer/sales communications field, in advising executives and other senior leaders on communications strategies and in leading a team of communications professionals. You would lead HERE’s Regional Communications organization and be responsible for the corresponding external and internal regional communication strategy and execution based on the global Communications strategy. You are playing a critical role in the transformation and growth ambition of HERE, working closely with the HERE Customer organization and by contributing to our Go-to-Market strategy. The role is based in Berlin and reports into the Vice President, Head of Corporate Communications.
- Owns the External and Internal Regional Communications strategy of HERE Technologies and its execution, based on the global Corporate Communications strategy.
- Builds and expands our audience and reach in the regions with a targeted, industry-focused communications mix across owned and earned media and increasing our investment in amplified communications.
- Leads a small team of Regional Communications managers and specialists, based in EMEAR, APAC and Americas.
- In addition, leads the planning and execution of the Regional communications strategy for one of these regions.
- Leads the Executive Comms support for HERE’s Chief Customer Officer and supports the Customer Leadership Team in driving their executive agenda.
- Is a true employee ambassador by having eyes and ears open for sentiments and feedback of the employees in the respective Regions and by actively driving open dialogues between the regional leaders and their employees.
- Advances the visibility and the impact of the regional Executives both internally and externally and ensures their seamless, coherent and timely messaging to all stakeholders inside and outside the company.
- Has accountability for regional Media Relations, regional Executive Communications and regional Employee Communications.
- Drives the execution of global (external and internal) campaigns and communications projects in the regions to ensure regionally adapted, coherent and timely messaging.
- Develops, manages and steers the execution of regional communications plans, campaigns and projects through a network of agencies in the regions.
- Works closely with the Regional Marketing organization on joint projects and campaigns to ensure we are leveraging the right channels to maximize impact.
- Based on guidance from global Employee Comms, designs and executes the Change communications for the Customer organization supporting the transformation into a cutting-edge, world-class sales team.
- Plays a critical role in the ongoing transformation of the Brand (Marketing & Communications) function in line with the company’s development to a true Platform company, customer- and value-driven.
- Drives – together with HR – the development of the Regional Leaders as great communicators in and outside the company.
- Works closely with the Customer Leadership Team and acts as a strategic adviser in all communications related topics in partnership with the internal communications infrastructure.
- Leverages – and where needed establishes - an effective and innovative, communication infrastructure that covers all respective geographical dimensions. Looks for opportunities to further digitize and automate.
- Plans, manages, allocates and controls the overall Regional Communications budget.
The Lead Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is an experienced support engineer with a pre-sales mindset, and ensures the Customer makes optimal use of HERE products and services, from the evaluation phase through the production phase and into the maintenance phase. The TSE ensures Customer satisfaction by providing technical training, resolving issues and being the voice of the Customer to internal here departments. The Lead Technical Support Engineer has strong Customer focus, establishes close relationships with the Customer, product management and sales, and is a subject matter expert of the broad range of here products and services.
Must be the go-to technical expert on HERE products:
- Analyze test and debug software issues reported by the Customers
- Deliver a swift and effective response until the issue is resolved and the situation is normalized
- Address the issue in a systematic approach coordinated across teams and stakeholders to ensure alignment on criticality with a “single source of truth”, timely Executive visibility and reporting, have lessons learned built into actionable follow-up plans
- Work on technical consulting assignments for/with the Customer
- Train and assist customers in understanding the benefits of HERE technical assets, by leveraging new features and implementing timely updates to all support channels
- Working with sales to complete RFQs. Translate Customer needs into requirements, products, and solutions
- Tracking and reporting Customer issues to the internal teams
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve Customer outcomes:
- Manage Customer needs internally to ensure internal initiatives reflect Customer business and technical requirements. Actively involve other departments as required to have them contribute
- Manage tactical relationship with Customers including conflict resolutions, strategic alignment, and communication
- Provide direct technical expertise for opportunities in one or multiple domains of knowledge
- Seek and collate feedback to shape online community management practices and product ideation
- Assist in definition of and specification of usability and serviceability enhancements (improve Customer Experience – CX)
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product Marketing, and Product Management on current and future product requirements (acts as the voice of the Customer)
- Stay sharp and share your knowledge:
- Continuously nurture and expand your technical readiness
- Participate in internal HERE technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domains of expertise
- Sense of urgency, SLA and 24/7 mind set, proactive, result oriented, works independently with regular engagement and limited direction from the direct line management
- Drives and motivate cross functional groups within HERE to meet and exceed Customer expectations
- Individual contributor
IMPACT DECISION MAKING
- Impact is to both current and future business. Influences business unit results and/or Customer relationships
- Decisions, action and errors will normally impact current and future business
As our digital and physical lives become increasingly inter-connected, our map of the world is rapidly changing. With every connected device or sensor capable of generating and sharing its context and location, it is data that will connect this complex new world. The question is how do we make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations – all in real-time?
Our answer is the HERE Platform.
The HERE Platform Big Data Processing team believes the value of a platform is directly related to the convenience of the platform. Our goal is to enable developers to easily conflate HERE Reality Index content with their own data using off the shelf batch or stream processing technologies. We will achieve this by providing a self-serve Apache Spark and Apache Flink managed cloud service for developers to run their batch or stream location based data processing jobs.
- Design and build sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed services with multi-region and multi-cloud deployments
- Develop automated tests (using TDD) to achieve test coverage for continuous deployment.
- Participate in design and code reviews with peer engineers
- Help the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes.
- Provide operational support & guidance to customers of the HERE platform.
- Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuous improvement.